Jan 3, 2019

Posted by in Uncategorized | Comments Off on The Different Kinds of House Painting Equipment

The Different Kinds of House Painting Equipment

When painting your house, always be sure to have the right tools you need to complete the job. While you may already own some of these items, there may be others that you still don’t, and should consider investing in:  

1. Paint rollers, brushes, paint sprayers

While all three are used for applying paint on surfaces, they are meant to be used in different ways. For instance, paint rollers are for painting smooth surfaces in broad swaths.  

There are different types of brushes used in painting: bristle brushes, which clear up loose material from walls and floors, and wire brushes, which are great for removing plants, moss, and flaking paint. 

There even mildew brushes, which remove mildew and dirt, as well as long-handled brushes for clearing out large, exterior surfaces.

Meanwhile, paint sprayers are used quick, even applications of paint that can be used in the place of paint rollers and brushes. The key to using a paint sprayer is having the right kind for the job you need done.

2. Paints, finishes, and primers

Primers are the first coat of paint and are the initial whitewash that will bind the other coats of paint to the surface you’re painting it on. Meanwhile, finishes are there to add the desired glossiness.

3. Roller tray, grid, paint pail

Roller trays and grids are used for loading paint into rollers, and the paint pail is a container for carrying paint to the site with ease.

4. Stepladder, extension ladder

For ceilings that can be a little hard to reach, having a stepladder will save you a lot of time and will even allow you to access areas that you wouldn’t have. It also keeps you from having to balance yourself on tables and chairs, which is highly unsafe.

5. Tape measure, painter’s tape, masking tape

Tape measure allows you to accurately measure surfaces (i.e. walls, floors, and ceiling) for marking off, which will in turn save you on how much paint you will need to use.

Painter’s tape and masking tape are a must-have when it comes to protecting trims or sections of surfaces that you don’t want to get paint on.

6. Spackling paste, caulk and caulking gun

Spackling paste and caulk are used to even out imperfections and crevices in wall surfaces, but they have their own different uses.

For instance, spackling paste is used mostly for filling nail holes and smaller imperfections in walls, while caulk is mostly reserved for evening out gaps and seams in woodwork. If you do happen to be working with wood, always be sure to use ones that can be painted on.

Comments are closed.